Wednesday, March 25, 2009


So why do people become vegetarian?? My apartment mate said it was a way to rebel against her parents' wishes. And then, I was watching a documentary on Shakira, who had a bonding moment with a chicken, like she actually believed it had humanlike qualities and emotions, that she could never eat chicken again. I can understand that though. I mean, just because these animals can't communicate with us on a verbal level doesn't mean that they don't have feelings. It kind goes with that old monologue of "If you tickle us...do we not laugh..." and all that kind of stuff. But chickens can't laugh or cry or any of that sort of thing. But do they not have those basic emotions? Such as fear, hunger, sadness, etc? I wonder how they feel when one of their friends or sisters are just taken away and then eaten??? I saw how they treat those baby chickens in the factory. They are crowded together and then sorted in these baskets...like 50 of em piled on top of one another. Pretty sad stuff. It makes you really think.

No comments:

Post a Comment